1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Question about GeForce 8800GT and P4M900M2-L

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by spleen3235, Sep 28, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. spleen3235

spleen3235 Thread Starter

I might be buying this graphics card, but I'm not sure - I have a PCI-E v1.0 x16 2.5gbps slot on my mobo, however the 8800GT has a PCI-E 2.0 x16. Will it work, and if so, will it greatly impact performance? oh yeah, here is the 8800gt compared to my 8400gs.Thanks.

(I'm not sure if this should've gone in the graphics forums or this section)

[solved]

2. BG-0

BG-0

Wow, that's cheap. Go get it while you can. PCI-E 1.0 and 2.0 are comptible with each other. The speed effect is quite minor. (=not noticable)

3. spleen3235

spleen3235 Thread Starter

ok, thanks:)

4. BG-0

BG-0

You could mark this solved using the "mark solved" button on the top.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/754101

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice