1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Question about graphic card

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by faniera, Jan 13, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. faniera

faniera Thread Starter

Hello techguy,

So I have a question I have AMD A8-6600K APU with Radeon(tm) HD Graphics CPU which has AMD Radeon HD 8570D i think Integrated video card. I need to upgrade since i can't play anything at high graphics nowadays. What graphic card can I use as dedicated or I can't at all? I'm looking for around £100-£120 or cheaper. Please help, thanks !

2. KomputerKid

KomputerKid

3. valis

valis Moderator

what he said ^^.

a quick n dirty google search shows this, and I can vouch for the gtx600. I had to upgrade to play the only dang game I bought in the 2000's, Doom3.

still haven't finished it. Graphics card works great though.

4. faniera

faniera Thread Starter

thanks for reply guys,
    so the info:
    Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.2
    OS Version: Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate, Service Pack 1, 64 bit
    Processor: AMD A8-6600K APU with Radeon(tm) HD Graphics, AMD64 Family 21 Model 19 Stepping 1
    Processor Count: 4
    RAM: 7365 Mb
    Graphics Card: AMD Radeon HD 8570D, 768 Mb
    Hard Drives: C: Total - 953766 MB, Free - 890941 MB;
    Motherboard: MSI, A78M-E35 (MS-7721)

I also considering to add 8gb more rams to my pc. Power supply wattage is 230V I guess what it says behind my pc. Don't know really how to check this. Thanks!

5. Tanis

Tanis

First Name:
    Shane
    Hi and welcome to TSG.

The 230v on the back is actually the power input to the PC. To get the wattage of the power supply you will need to take the side case off and look inside. THe power supply is usually a square(ish) box, normally at the top rear of a tower, its the box the power cable plugs into that comes from the wall socket.

On the side of that box you should see a sticker or plate, something the one on the third picture down on the link below:

http://www.bcot1.com/moreonpowersupplies.html

Either take a pic and upload it or give us the make, model and max wattage as listed on the sticker.

What is the exact make and model of the PC, assuming its a branded prebuilt machine like a HP, Dell, eMachines etc?

6. flavallee

flavallee Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    Frank
    That motherboard has an AMD chipset and AMD integrated graphics(up to 2 GB of shared memory)

It has 2 memory slots and supports up to 32 GB(16 GB X 2) of DDR3 RAM.

It has a PCI Express x16(Gen3) slot for adding a graphics card.

----------------------------------------------------------

7. faniera

faniera Thread Starter

8. Tanis

Tanis

First Name:
    Shane
    If you are planning on getting a dedicated graphics card, it is essential that you change that PSU aswell. It is a cheat, mass produced unit and is highly unlikely to be up to delivering the power requirements of any dedicated graphics card beyond the most basic, which would be pointless.

The downside of this is that good quality PSU (which is essential really for a good system) is going to be more expensive. Howver, it is going to be cheaper than replacing the motherboard and/or CPU and/or RAM etc in the fairly likely event of an over stress PSU failing.

As you are talking about £ (GBP) you must be in the UK. My personal preference for UK sites are (in no particular order):

www.aria.co.uk
    www.ebuyer.co.uk
    www.novatech.co.uk

You can pick up some good deals in 'Daily Deals' type sections. Now, a good quality PSU is probably going to eat over half your budget, easily which could limit your GPU options unfortunately.

When looking for a good quality PSU look for units by Corsair (AX, HX and TX models only), Seasonic, PC Power and Cooling, OCZ to name a few. A good unit will have a 5 year warranty, cheap lower quality units have 1 - 3 years.

9. faniera

faniera Thread Starter

So if I get something like geforce gtx 750 ti it will work, but not to full potential? The cooling of this PC is quite nice because I have two coolers on the side of this case and one inside.

10. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1141141

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice