1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

question about 'hs_err_pi...'

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by essy46, Oct 28, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. essy46

essy46 Thread Starter

I have a couple of these on my desktop, and have noooooo clue what they are. Can anyone help me out here? Thanks in advance. Running WinXP on a Compaq Presario.

Hope I did this right! LOL

Attached Files:

2. terryxp

terryxp

Not sure exactly what your trying to post there in that log, Im assuming its the error report from windows. Looks like java is crashing. Do you have 3rd party sun java installed on your pc? If so, uninstall and reinstall it. If it is in fact windows java virtual machine that is causing the crash, try doing a disk error check...

Right click my computer on desktop, select properties, then tools, then check disk for errors, and reboot.

3. essy46

essy46 Thread Starter

No clue myself, what I'm trying to post. Was just curious as to what the heck it was! And on my desktop I have 'Java Web Start'. Is that what you're talking about?

Thanks for the reply. *S*

4. terryxp

terryxp

When you say " I have a couple of these on my desktop"... what does the "these" refer to? The text log files?

5. maxmelbin

maxmelbin

it looks like an issue with Java Runtime ..
    You need to reinstall Java virtual machine ..
    Download it from http://www.download.support.safetec.net/msjavx86/
    (click on link which says msjavx86.exe , save it o to your desktop , and install it and reinstart the machine )

6. essy46

essy46 Thread Starter

yeah, terry. there's 2 of them on my desktop. don't really know how they got there, or what the content means. and thanks, maxmelbin, what/how do I correct that?

thanks for replying!

7. maxmelbin

maxmelbin

as i had mentioned , downlaod Java Virtual machine and reinstall it from
    Download it from http://www.download.support.safetec.net/msjavx86/
    (click on link which says msjavx86 , save it o to your desktop , and install it and reinstart the machine )

8. essy46

essy46 Thread Starter

I will do that, thanks for your help! you too terry!

9. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/289788

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice