1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Question about HTML & CSS books

Discussion in 'Web Design & Development' started by carlynn, Nov 19, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. carlynn

carlynn Thread Starter

I was wondering if anyone has bought any good html and css books. I actually have a couple were you follow along and actually make a site but would like some more as I am new to css and find I am having problems with the positioning of boxes.

I have the head first book which was ok but kind of hard to follow for someone new to css. I now am working on Build your web site the right way and it is a good book also

I still feel I need to work through some more projects and I really like the books that you actually do something other than read and then you can not remember half of the stuff after you read it. I feel there is no practice like doing.

So of anyone knows of some really good books where you actually do a site while reading the book I would appreciate the names of the books.

2. sepala

sepala

Head first is the easiest always...

Anyway go to w3schools.com to learn and do the exercises.

3. adamspe

adamspe

w3schools.com is awesome

I have a couple of books that got me started:

HTML and CSS in 24 hours by Dick Oliver and Michael Morrison (7th edition is what I used, there may be a newer one)
    Idiots Guide to Creating a Website by Paul Mcfedries (Also a good one, little older, but good for basics)

But since standards are changing you may want to get something a little more up to date, I use the other ones just for reference really.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1027560

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice