Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Question about Ip numbers

642 views 8 replies 3 participants last post by  CoolBurn 
#1 ·
Hi. Just a curiosity question.
I just noticed that when I check my IP number with Firefox it gives me a completely different number than when i check with IE. Not only that it gives me a different country!!
I just want to know why that is. Why I'm getting 2 different numbers/locations with 2 diffrent browsers.

#2 ·
I want to know how you "check my IP number" with a browser.

Are you sure that you are not using web site(s) to check your public IP address, and to determine the location? If you are, you may be using different sites (services) with the different browsers, which would explain the location discrepancy. But, with the info given, I cannot even guess why you'd get different IP addresses. Maybe you are using a proxy server with one browser, but not the other?

#3 ·
Just a google search. I go to google and type in "whats my IP number". When i do it through Firefox it gives me one number (and location) but when I do it with IE it gives me another number and location!

Could it be because I have my wired modem synched up to a router?

#6 ·
Within Firefox if you go to Menu > Options > Advanced > Network tab > click Settings > default should be "Use system proxy settings"

Or try starting Firefox in safe mode. Close FF then hold the Shift key and double click on Firefox icon, when prompted click Start in Safe Mode. Check the IP again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.