question about lingo "whole unit replacement"

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

BizzleTech

i just started working with a company as a field tech and on the work order in the description it says "whole unit replacement" .... i know this might be a dumb question but does that mean that they basically want the tech to unbox the new unit (Install/customize Dell OptiPlex 9020 desktop) , install and activate the operating system and maybe a data transfer?? .. i just want to make sure I'm not missing anything before I accept the assignment.

metallica5456

Andrew
Trusted Advisor
Just curious what company?

And I personally would think so.

You could always ask the hiring department of the company or whomever interviewed you.

BizzleTech

Thanks for response. the co. name is (BARRISTER GLOBAL)
I know it seems like an obvious question, but being that this is one of my first time dealing with them, I just want to be as prepared as i can..

Don't you think you are asking the wrong people? You need to get this definition from your direct supervisor as to what all is included in a "whole unit replacement"

metallica5456

Andrew
Trusted Advisor
Don't you think you are asking the wrong people? You need to get this definition from your direct supervisor as to what all is included in a "whole unit replacement"
Indeed....this would have been MY first choice.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online