1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Question about MB connector plates

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Dominym, Aug 7, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Dominym

Dominym Thread Starter

Stupid question, but do you just snap off the little bendy parts?

2. BG-0

BG-0

Connector plate? Uhm. From where? The expansion card slot protector plates of the case, the included I/O plate of the case, or what?

3. Frank4d

Frank4d Retired Trusted Advisor

If you are referring to the I/O shield plate, no. They are intended to be bent upward, but only enough so they still touch the metal parts of the LAN, sound, etc connector assemblies.

4. BG-0

BG-0

If you're talking about the motherboard tray, in the title, then the little bendy parts are probably the expansion card slot covers (thin, pretty long), and they don't need to be removed, and shouldn't, only when you're adding a card into the slot that one covers. They protect you from dust, and are not in the way of anything.

5. loserOlimbs

loserOlimbs

Are you talking about these expansion slots?
    If so you can remove them when you add a card, some you can screw off, and re-add later. Other need to be bent out.
    [​IMG]

6. Dominym

Dominym Thread Starter

Yes! That plate. The top one you circled, anyway. It has those little bendy parts and I wasn't sure if I should just snap them off or not. I figured bending them out of the way would be good, too.

7. win2kpro

win2kpro

The "little bendy parts" you speak of are "sping tangs" or "spring tabs". They are designed to provide grounding by contact to the I/O output housings from the chassis. They should not need to be bent or broken off if you installation is correct. They should just be in contact with the I/O housings.

8. Dominym

Dominym Thread Starter

I finally got it in. I did bend a few, though. Darn MB just didn't want to get in there!

9. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/850051

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice