1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

question about my ati card

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by shadow689, Oct 4, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. shadow689

shadow689 Thread Starter

i just have a quick question, does anyone know why my box says i bought an ati 9800 but every program that analizes ur comp and even the display info all of it says ati 9800 pro?? why?? is it 9800 or pro??
    !! plz help if u can...

2. StillLearnin'

StillLearnin'

I don't know what software you use for determining your system specs, but if you purchased an previously unopened box, I'd say to count your blessings.

3. shadow689

shadow689 Thread Starter

well can u give me a link to a prog that does what i say that way i can be sure that it says pro. and when u say count ur blessings that good?

4. Whitestar

Whitestar

@ Shadow689
    Look in the device manager. if it says 9800pro uve got 9800pro, if it says 9800 uve got 9800.

@StillLearnin
    Does HJT tell u stuff like that?

5. shadow689

shadow689 Thread Starter

well power strip says it is:/ and it's not in my device manager.... i have no clue why...

6. shadow689

shadow689 Thread Starter

nvm found it:/ it does say pro omfg wtf..... did i get lucky and get a pro instead of 9800?

7. Deathdealer

Deathdealer Guest

why do u care u got a better card for a lower price

8. Whitestar

Whitestar

uv got a pro, but its odd that its not in ur device manager, but as long as it works.

9. shadow689

shadow689 Thread Starter

no as my reply says it is in there it was under unknown dunno why:/ so i didn't bother looking there. and i dont care im just saying it's weird :/

10. StillLearnin'

StillLearnin'

shadow689: Count your blessings is the same as " some people have ALL the luck!". In other words, count yourself extremely lucky- Most of the time someone buys a re-packaged(unknowingly) one and gets a lower quality card much to their chagrine! By the way, is this a "Built by ATI" (pure ATI) or a "Powered by ATI'(3rd party) card? Here's the link to Aida32. Download the Enterprise version, then run it and look under Display. Link:

http://www.aida32.hu/aida-download.php?bit=32

Whitestar: Maybe it's because it's so late at night, but refresh me on what HJT stands for please!

11. StillLearnin'

StillLearnin'

HJT: HiJack This? Okay. I don't use that software so I can't answer that one.

12. vivienne

vivienne

Hi Whitestar

HJT will not do 'stuff like that'. HijackThis examines certain key areas of the Registry and Hard Drive and lists their contents. It is a general browser hijacker detecter and remover. It reports no *hardware*. It is best to use StillLearnin's Aida 32 link.

Vivienne

13. zeddy

zeddy

shadow689

You have a pro eh? Thats a nice surprise!

14. shadow689

shadow689 Thread Starter

it is pure ati and yes this prog also says pro, all i can say is w00t :D go best buy ;/

15. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/169572

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice