1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Question about my Gmail warning says my account was accessed from Slovenia...

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by lo_ol, Jan 27, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lo_ol

lo_ol Thread Starter

...today I got a message when I went into my gmail that said my account was accessed from Slovenia. Does anyone have any idea what this is about and what I should do?

Here's a screen cap of what I'm talking about
    [​IMG]

2. cwwozniak

cwwozniak Trusted Advisor Spam Fighter

First Name:
    Chuck
    It was probably very real.

The link has suggestions on what you need to check and change to protect your account.

I will add to the suggestions and say you should send e-mails to everyone in your online gmail address book and warn them to use caution opening any e-mails and in particular any attachments that appear to be sent from your account. Some hacker could have copied all of the addresses in your address book to use to send virus infected emails to your trusting contacts. The hacker would not need access to your account to send these e-mails at some later time.

3. lo_ol

lo_ol Thread Starter

thanks, I clicked on the link that was on the red banner to see where my account has been active at so I changed the password as the warning suggested.

I hope this fixes this issue

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/977443

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice