1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Question about Opera browser

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by LJFried, May 10, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. LJFried

LJFried Thread Starter

I may have posted this question a while ago - I can't remember. I use Opera web browser. Many times during the day my computer freezes up when I try to open any web site. (5 year old Lenovo S400 Idea pad; Windows 8.) After about 30-40 seconds, I get a message on the screen: "Your connection was interrupted. A network change was detected." But I have never changed anything. I uninstalled/reinstalled Opera twice but that didn't help. Does anyone have any suggestions. Thank you very much.

2. managed

managed Trusted Advisor Spam Fighter

First Name:
    Allan
    Does Internet Explorer work ok ?

3. LJFried

LJFried Thread Starter

Not always - sometimes it also takes a long time to open a website. I think the same when I try Mozilla Firefox - hard to tell. Thank you.

4. managed

managed Trusted Advisor Spam Fighter

First Name:
    Allan
    Do you get the "Your connection was interrupted. A network change was detected." message with the other browsers or just with Opera ?

5. LJFried

LJFried Thread Starter

Just Opera. I posted a question on their help "forum" but no one answered.

6. TOGG

TOGG

7. LJFried

LJFried Thread Starter

I'll give that a try and thank you!

8. LJFried

LJFried Thread Starter

I tried but it did not help =- thanks again

9. TOGG

TOGG

That's a pity. As it happens, I had another 'Your connection was interrupted' message today. It was when I clicked on a bookmark to go to an email client and disappeared as quickly as it showed up without giving me any problems.

It definitely didn't mention anything about network change so it's probably a different issue to what's causing your problem.

10. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1210025

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice