1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Question About Outlook Admin Account - Trying to View Employee's Cust. Support E-mail

Discussion in 'Business Applications' started by chabaz1, Mar 6, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. chabaz1

chabaz1 Thread Starter

Hi,

What I'm trying to do is easy enough in thought, and I'm pretty sure I've seen this in a corporate setting but anyways what I'm looking to do is..

I run a business business, and I have one customer support employee. She answers the customer support e-mails that come to her via Outlook 2007 on her computer that we have setup for a few different e-mail accounts - all of which she answers.

I am part owner of the company, and for the first time in a while; I would like to take a more hands-on approach in my business moving forward.

In doing so, I would like to be able to view - both the e-mails in from the customers, and the e-mails that she sends out. I would also like to answer e-mails myself, and for her to be able to view the e-mails that I had sent out - so she can get a good idea of what to send if she is asked that question in the future.

I was hoping for this to be some type of add-on to Outlook that I could easily download or pay a small fee for - but I'm up for anything that would do what I stated above.

Please let me know if there's anything out there like this, any response is greatly appreciated.

2. Zack Barresse

Zack Barresse

Hi there, welcome to the board!

Depends on what kind of mail account you have. If you have POP or IMAP, you could setup the account on both machines, but that will only ensure you both receive the same email. For ensuring you send to each other, assuming you have the same account, you could bcc yourself to ensure you both get emails. Depending on how many emails you send, you could potentially overload your servers number of requests (emails) per day (generally what I've seen is set at 250).

Another option would be to look at Office 365 for your business. Not only would this give you an Office install on up to 5 machines, but it would give you an Exchange email address and a company Sharepoint site. It's a subscription-based service, and if you price it out it's actually pretty cheap. They start as low as $4/month and go up from there. For more info take a look here:

http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/business/compare-office-for-business-plans-FX102918419.aspx

HTH

3. shaygate

shaygate

Would it not be easier to just set up some 'rules' on each Outlook ? you could set it so any email that is received on your employees machine to a particular account is forwarded or a copy sent to yours and when or if you or she replies just BCC yourselves in on the email ?

Maybe I've missed the point but for two of you it seems a simple solution :)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1092103

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice