1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

question about outlook and mediacom mail communication...interesting story at least

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by amandawlhlm, Dec 3, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. amandawlhlm

amandawlhlm Thread Starter

this is going to sound bizarre, but i need the info...i have been sending my husband nude photos to his mediacom email account. i asked him for his password and he freaked out and said i couldn't have it. it seems silly, but why would he say no? anyway, i don't want his password at all, i'm just wondering if someone can verify something for me...my husband claims that he cannot give me his password because i won't be able to see any emails, as all his emails sent to the mediacom address are forwarded in 15 seconds to outlook express on his work computer. he claims that i cannot have his password because the mediacom email is for work, and others in his store have access to the address log in, but he says they cannot see my photos because they are going to outlook. how does this work? sounds odd to me. basically, even though on my home computer i can go to the mediacom website and technically log in to his account if he gave me his password...but i wouldn't see any emails?

this is what hubby says...and is outlook truly this amazing ;)

mediacom doesn't delete the messages, outlook express takes them from mediacom, and delivers them to my inbox....It is amazing when you think about it.

2. TerryNet

TerryNet Moderator

First Name:
    Terry
    If he has Outlook Express set to check for new mail every 15 seconds and to delete downloaded messages from the (Mediacom) server immediately then what he says is true. I've never used OE, but I doubt that you can set it to check for mail more frequently than every minute.

3. amandawlhlm

amandawlhlm Thread Starter

thanks for the info. i guess it's quite possible that others have seen my messages. this is going to make the christmas party a little awkward ;)

4. TerryNet

TerryNet Moderator

First Name:
    Terry
    You're welcome. :)

Email, regardless of how much the recipient may or may not share, is sorta like a postcard.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!