1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Question about pc and beeps

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Deividas652, Sep 10, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Deividas652

Deividas652 Thread Starter

Hello,
    I was playing league of Legends, the game ended and when I clicked "continue", pc suddenly turned off. Power light was blinking like it would do when computer sleeps. I tried power button and etc. but it kept blinking, so I plugged off power and repluged it. When I turned on pc, one of the fans worked very loud, I turned pc off immediately. Waited for some time and turned on again. I heard 5 short beeps, but pc booted up. After keeping it on for 5-10mins I turned it off and on again. Didn't hear any beeps.
    I know I wrote a lot of things in one place and hope you will understand what I meant, but my main question would be.
    Should I worry about something or just keep using pc like nothing happened?

2. DavisMcCarn

DavisMcCarn

Get a copy of HWMonitor (its free) and run it to monitor your temps: http://www.cpuid.com/softwares/hwmonitor.html
    50-70 degrees Celsius is OK; but, temps over 80 when you are not stressing the PC are worrisome and possibly dangerous.

3. Deividas652

Do I need to check it every few minutes or can I check it every hour?

4. flavallee

flavallee Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    Frank
    Assuming it's a factory-brand one, advise us what the brand name and model name and model number of your computer is.
    If it's a self-built one, advise us what the brand name and model number of its motherboard is.

--------------------------------------------------------------

5. Deividas652

Motherboard msi gaming 970
    Cpu amd fx 8350
    Gpu geforce gt 730
    Ram can't remember but I know that it is some cheap ones 3x2gb

6. flavallee

flavallee Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    Frank
    MSI 970 GAMING motherboard
    It supports a maximum of 32 GB(8 GB X 4) of DDR3-1333 or DDR3-1600 or DDR3-1866 RAM and has dual channel technology.
    It has an AMI BIOS.
    5 beeps indicates an issue with the processor, but I can't confirm that.
    I don't know if those "cheap ones" are part of your issues, but I would use more than 6 GB(2 GB X 3) of RAM in a gaming computer.

-------------------------------------------------------------

DavisMcCarn is much more knowledgeable in hardware issues than I am, so I'll leave you with him.

--------------------------------------------------------------

7. DavisMcCarn

DavisMcCarn

What temps is HWMonitor showing and its the CPU and GPU that matter the most.

8. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1177862

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice