Question about problem with disk cleanup in xp

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

super power

I have a problem with disk cleanup locking up in xp.
someone told me I could delete something out of regedit,but I am not sure what I should delete.
any help would be welcome.
thanks

super

Have you tried doing it in safemode or from the admin account?

super power

I have a 120 gig hd and p4 2.4 gig 256 ram gforce4
where would I check to see if files are compressed?

When you run disc cleaner it ask you which files you wish to clean and from memory there is a box marked Compress files. I use Mcafee Quick Clean as its better to handle and does not worry about compressed files.

Also clear your History folder and Temporary Internet Files folder to get rid of some of the junk. (Internet Explorer - Tools, Internet Options)

super power

its working now thanks for the help all runing it in safemode did the trick.
thanks again

super

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online