1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved Question about Radeon Host Software(Startcn)

Discussion in 'Windows 10' started by hockeycore, Feb 5, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hockeycore

hockeycore Thread Starter

Hello all, I hope this is the most relevant forum for this question, I have already searched for similar queries to no avail, both on this forum and on Google.

Short preface: First off: I don't play games on this PC. The most I do is use Google Maps Pro.

So I downloaded the latest AMD GPU driver for my card(Driver is Adrenalin 2020). It installed a program called AMD Radeon Settings which in turn uses 20% of my CPU according to the Task Manager(Task is called Radeon Host Settings) and in addition to that, it also runs my dual fans at 3500 RPM constantly when using Google Earth Pro(It did not do this prior to the update). If I end this task, this fixes the issue and CPU returns to normal, but my worry is that the software is necessary to be running in the background, so my summed up question is:

Do I need to have Radeon Host Settings running in the background using up 20% CPU and wearing out my fans at 3500 RPM? Or can I cancel this startup procedure in the Task Scheduler(StartCN.exe) with no negative effects.

Thank you.

OS Version: Microsoft Windows 10 Home, 64 bit, Build 18362, Installed 20191002140818.000000-420
    Processor: AMD Ryzen 5 3550H with Radeon Vega Mobile Gfx, AMD64 Family 23 Model 24 Stepping 1, CPU Count: 8
    Total Physical RAM: 16 GB
    Graphics Card: AMD Radeon(TM) Vega 8 Graphics, 128 MB
    Hard Drives: C: 237 GB (169 GB Free);
    Motherboard: ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC. FX505DY, ver 1.0, s/n K625NRCV00B3D2MB
    System: American Megatrends Inc., ver _ASUS_ - 1072009, s/n K6NRCV04B11625D

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1239794

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice