1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Question about real estate in Florida

Discussion in 'Random Discussion' started by LouF95, Apr 2, 2008.

Advertisement
  1. LouF95

LouF95 Thread Starter

I am tempted to buy a condo in Florida and rent it out during the winter. When I retire in 12 years, I hope to live in the condo.

Obviously, prices are dropping. The question is how much further will the prices drop. Does anyone have an opinion about when it will be a good time to buy. What city/town is worth looking onto? Thanks!

2. Willison

Willison

Yes, this is the time for you to buy a condo in Florida and rent it out during the winter. It is really a good idea and lovely place also but be sure you buy it through a Gulf Coast Commercial Real Estate at proper rate.

3. Davec

Davec Gone but never forgotten

Did somebody order SPAM?

4. oil painter

oil painter

Yes buy now. It was just on the news this morning that Real Estate is on the rise in the States. It is not going to fall more. If you are looking for a warmer climate on the interior where hurricanes seldom land try the Port Charlotte area. You get a shore because there is a natural harbor there but it is inland on the Gulf side so it's more protected

If you plan to retire there this is a very good move. Canadians are always looking for a place to winter in Florida so renting won't be a problem. The only problem I can see is overseeing who rents and looking after the property. But you could always pay someone to do that and still come out ahead. Then if it's a condo maybe the condo association will do that.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!