1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Question about rebuild of my Core i7 4770K PC

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Boudewijn1963, Sep 7, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Boudewijn1963

Boudewijn1963 Thread Starter

I want to do a rebuild with my Core i7 4770K CPU. The man from the computerstore advised me, do not use the same (Asus) motherboard, it can cause problems. Can I still use the same motherboard? It always worked good.

2. managed

managed Trusted Advisor Spam Fighter

First Name:
    Allan
    Hi and welcome to TSG.

Tell us the exact Asus board you have and we will answer your question.

3. Boudewijn1963

Boudewijn1963 Thread Starter

I have the Asus H87M-Plus micro atx motherboard. It always worked very good, never had any problems with this motherboard. The man from the computerstore told me, do not use the motherboard, the dust on the motherboard can cause problems and it could damage your CPU. But I can't see any dust on the motherboard.

I also would like to know if it is better to replace the CR2032 battery on the board. Many thanks for your help, looking forward to your answer and your advise. Carey Holzman gave me the link to your forum website, I am very glad with that.

4. crjdriver

crjdriver Moderator

That is complete bull. IF the board is dusty, you simply blow it off with a can of air.
    Next do understand that your motherboard is now 5yr old AND it was not a performance board when released. It is a micro type board which is designed for basic use ie running office, email, etc. It is not designed for the stress of gaming, overclocking or any other stressful endeavor. As long as you are going to use the system for basic use, there should not be a problem.

IMO, I would not invest money into a system that is now 5yr old. I would continue to use it as is then build a new system when it was needed. Up to you.

5. managed

managed Trusted Advisor Spam Fighter

First Name:
    Allan
    As crjdriver said it depends on what you want to use the PC for. Gaming needs high quality hardware, general use does not.

So tell us what you want to use the PC for then we can advise you better.

Also to see what other hardware you have please download and run this and paste the text it outputs into your next reply :- https://static.techguy.org/download/SysInfo.exe

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1216235

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice