Question About Symantec GHOST

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Majinn

Where I work, We do a lot of Ghosting for clients. For a while (before 2004) we were able to make Ghost Boot CD's from Bootable Ghost Floppys, but recently the Ghost CDs we have been making (for the past 3 months or so) haven't worked . . . When you turn on the computer with the CD in it, it shows like 4-5 symbols and just hangs there . . .

I am not sure if has something to do with the new machine's Bios or not, but its been this way for IBM T-40's and Compaq small form and large form machines . . . Latest problem has been an HP d220m . . . One of our sales guys sold a bunch with out floppys, and now the customer is upset that they can't make a usable bootable CD to boot into ghost mode . . .

FYI . . . The T-40's and Compaq booted fine from the floppys, but once the bootable floppy was made into a bootable CD (using either Roxio or Nero) . . . that CD would only produce those symbols and hang there . . .

Has anyone heard of this and maybe a change I have to do in the Bios of the machines I am working on . . .??
:confused:

You didn't say what version of Ghost your are using. I have been using Ghost 2003 with no problems on a series of IBM TP R31's. I make all of the CD's using Nero Express and have been using the 21 min mini CD-r's. Since you don't have this problem when not using a Bootable CD, I would check into the media that you are using. Was this changed recently ? and make sure that the media is compatible with your CD-Burning equipment.

Storage_man

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online