1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Question about theCorsair CX 600 compatible?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Gorillaleo, Jul 2, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Gorillaleo

Gorillaleo Thread Starter

2. crjdriver

crjdriver Moderator

If you purchased a gtx 660, I assume you intend to game with the system. The cx line from corsair is NOT for gaming systems. It is ok for a basic build ie running onboard/onchip video, running office, email, etc. It is just not up to the stress of gaming. Corsair does not mfg their own pw supplies. The cx line is mfg by ctw [maker of oem stuff] The "real" corsairs ie HX, TX, AX are mfg by seasonic [maker of very high end stuff.

With a cx corsair, you have the equivalent of a dell or hp pw supply.

If you are asking if it will fit, your case uses a standard atx pw supply so yes it will fit however it is NOT recommended for gaming.

3. crjdriver

crjdriver Moderator

Just one other item. I checked the specs on your system and really it is not a performance board, cpu, etc. IMO you will be disappointed in the performance of the video card. Installing a high end video card in a system like that is the same thing as putting in a performance cam in an econobox car; just not going to work well. Whether you are talking about a car, airplane, or computer, ALL of the parts need to work together to give you a high performance result.

4. Gorillaleo

Gorillaleo Thread Starter

Thanks. I got that computer not for gaming purposes and then my xbox broke so i was going to slowly upgrade it. I will take what you said into account.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!