1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Question about traffic lag

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by Bullz3yE, Jan 31, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bullz3yE

Bullz3yE Thread Starter

I have been having ping trouble for months in the late afternoons into the evenings with my cable internet connection with no router. My pings are perfect around midnight through the morning so I assume my trouble is due to local traffic, will upgrading my internet speed help the problem? can I change providers to completely fix the problem or will it be the same no matter who the provider is? Is there anything i can do? The techs for my isp dont seem to be very bright.

Im in Columbus Georgia using Knology internet service
    Windows XP

2. RootbeaR

RootbeaR

Ask your ISP if it would be possible to move you elsewhere on their server.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/540079

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice