Question about wireless keyboard and mouse

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

IowaKim

I am currently running two computers in the house through a Motorola cable modem and a D-Link wireless router. I would like to add a wireless keyboard and mouse, but I am unsure if I can due to possible frequency problems. Can I have a number of wireless peripherals set up on my computer or will I experience problems? Ultimately, what I would like to do is to run the wireless router and receiver and to have a wireless keyboard and mouse on both computers. Is this possible?

Triple6

Rob
Yes, it should work OK. The mouse/keyboard should not interfere with the Wireless LAN at all and the distance for these wireless devices is quite low so as long they are 10 feet apart the two sets should not have issues even if they are the exact same unit.

wireless keyboards communicate in InfraRed, at lease the ones I've seen. So you do not have to worry as Router communicates in Radio Waves.

However, DO keep a wired keyboard and mouse on hand...you will need it for things like safe mode or other issues where wireless just won't work. Liz

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.