Question about Zonealarm free..

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

marcan

I have installed zonealarm free edition. That was 3 days ago. Since then i have had 6753 and counting intrusions blocked via inboud protection. Is this a normal amount? Just wanted to ask.

Thanks for views and replies.:)

my firewall says it blocked 1286 attacks in 7 days, so I'd say your number is high?

I will guess it is picking up every ping going on. If you are on cable then your pick up all the added junk and ZA see's it so you get the hits showing up.
If you had a router then it would stop most things there so ZA would never see it.

Run the Shields UP! test here.
https://www.grc.com/x/ne.dll?bh0bkyd2

If your ports are all closed then your doing great.
Test all service ports and and you should get Stealth or a perfect "TruStealth" rating if all ports are Stealth.
If you do get a perfect "TruStealth" rating then no one can see your PC

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online