Question for my bro!

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Stingray10

My bro's computer tells him his monitor isn't working.I've tried a different one same result.It tells him he has no signal.I'm thinking his video card has given up.I've checked all connections and they are fine.However his card is onboard with motherboard.Can i try a card in the pci slot and disable the card onboard?Is there a trouble shoot that i should try?

JohnWill

Retired Moderator
If he gets no signal, there could be any number of reasons. If the processor isn't running at all, the monitor will remain blank.

I think I'd start by trying to determine if the system even gets to the POST. Do you hear the single beep that is characteristic of a normal boot? Do you see disk activity as the systems starts the boot "in the blind"? In other words, are there any other signs of life?

Stingray10

Actually JohnWill I didn't hear any beeps at all.Does this mean the board is dead?

bonk

Banned
Howdy,

Take out all the memory out the motherboard and start the PC up ...you should hear beeps

Let us know.

Stingray10

I tried this the same result.I unplugged the HDD also and tried one i had but the one i tried was not formatted.

bonk

Banned
Could be No power getting to the motherboard or motherboard problem.

Anything moving on the board like fans or any lights ON?

JohnWill

Retired Moderator
I suspect it's either the P/S or MB, I doubt it's the monitor. :)

unplug the monitor cable and have the memory out and the
drives disconnected and listen for beeps.

bonk

Banned
Howdy,

Take out all the memory out the motherboard and start the PC up ...you should hear beeps

Let us know.
Take a look at post #4 johnpost

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online