Question, Friends computer!!!!

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Steppinstone

I don't know much about the computer, It is running win 2000, is believed to have a virus. will not stay on-line to download AVG, or Hijack this , it does have a older Norton version but again cannot be updated since it won't stay on-line so here's my question.
Will Avg or Hijack this fit onto a floppy? If so how do we do this, would need easy,simple to understand directions as big words confuse me ;)
If any more info is needed let me know!

Yes it will fit on a floppy. Can you get online at all? Hijack this is a really small file if you can get to here you should have enough of a connection to download it but anyway here is what to do. Download it to the desktop and then open My Computer make the window about half the size of the screen. Then Click and hold the hijack icon and move it over the 31/2" floppy and let go of the mouse.

Steppinstone

Friend does have access to a working computer. I will have her try the above but is it really as easy as dragging and dropping the file like you described?
Thanks!

if the possible virus is the one making the net restrictiosn and not letting you stay online, i'd d/l a firewall. but then you coudln't do that and it wouldn't fit on a floppy. za is like 4 megs i think. :p but if you already have one, then i'd make sure nothing that isn't supposed to be getting access..is getting access.

if your on 56k, it could be your isp or whatnot. try changing the number you use to go online.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online