1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Question: Keyboard Extension Cable

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by diddle, Oct 22, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. diddle

    diddle Thread Starter

    Aug 13, 2002
    The cord on my keyboard is to short so I'm looking for an extension.

    I have a Microsoft keyboard, does this mean I need to buy a special extension cable for this keyboard or can I just go to ebay or where ever and buy any old kind?

    Thanks in advance.
  2. frenat


    Jul 6, 1999
    Any extension cable will do as long as it fits. Your local computer store would have one or most electronics stores that have computer parts and accessories. Radio Shack also has them.
  3. rugrat


    Dec 16, 2001

    As long as it is the correct type (AT or PS2) any extension cable should work. PS2 has the small mini din 6 pin connector, like a mouse, AT has the larger one.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/100816

  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice