Question on adding a third Hdd.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

algae

Hi all,
I need to add a third hdd to my K8N motherboard which current has an "E" backup drive in addition to my C drive. I've created a image of the current C drive with Acronis and what I would like to do is add the new hdd, restore the image to it, and then use what is now the current C drive as a backup, as well as the "current" backup drive for a total of three altogether.
What problems will I encounter when trying to boot to the new drive so I can restore the image, how do I set the jumpers on the current two drives, etc. ?
Thought I'd ask before I make a mess of things. Thanks for any info.
Btw they will all be IDE drives , not SATA.
Gary

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online