question on IE 6.0 favorite list

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Ekozlovich

hello all,

I run windows XP pro and IE 6.0, with all the updates, when I acess my favorites list it opens it up only 1/2 as much, I have to scroll down to the arrow to open the favorite list open all the way to about 4" wide and lets me see all of my folders, where the more narrow list doesnt show all the folders unless you open it all the way up.

my question is, is there a setting where I can set this so that the favorites list opens all the way the first time you open it. Is there a registry change, or a simple box to check or uncheck in the tools, views, or folder options that I am missing?

appriciate your help and this is the best site hands down.

take care all

Eli

If I am not mistaken, you have personalized menus turned on.

In win2000 you goto, start-settings-tasbar and start menu and uncheck "use personalized menus"

you should be able to find it in xp no problem.

Internet Explorer -> Tools -> Options -> Advanced
Uncheck "Enable personalized favorites menu"

thanks The_Egg, it's actually in the same place on the win2k version of ie6 (since it's the same version as winXP)

I knew the setting was somewhere:cool:

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online