1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Question on USB Flash driver

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by uly7, Jan 21, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. uly7

uly7 Thread Starter

Hola
    I'm not sure where to post this question. :confused:

I have a PNY USB flash drive that came with a "program" inside.
    When I insert the flash drive in my PC or any where else, it start "this" program, that honestly, I don't think that I need it, because, if I "put" some pictures in my flash drive, and I take it to a local photo shop, like Costco --here in the USA-- it won't open at all.
    So my question is?
    Can I take out this "program" from my flash drive?
    Am I be ok?
    Is my flash drive work without this program?

Thanks

Uly7

2. Iceworx

Iceworx

Yes it should, normally flash drives have security programs in them, just in case you want to password protect the information saved in it. If the flash drive is empty, there wont be any problems with it.

3. uly7

uly7 Thread Starter

Hola Bloodworx

Thanks, I'll try it tomorrow

Uly7

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/537141

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice