1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Question, Please Help!!

Discussion in 'Virus & Other Malware Removal' started by TamSpin, Sep 7, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. TamSpin

TamSpin Thread Starter

Hello everyone, I have tried everything possible to get rid of my trojan virus, so now i have a question. I have a Compaq computer which does not come with a recovery disk. Apparently you have to make it yourself when you get your computer up and running. Well i have had my computer for about 2 months and have never made the recovery disk. If i were to do so now, would that copy the trojan virus. I would just think it would be easier to wipe out the computer and start from the beginning again. What kind of advice can you all give me?? I'm so confused and don't know what to do at this point.

I would appricate all the help i can recieve and thank you to all

Tammy

2. TamSpin

TamSpin Thread Starter

Hello everyone, its me again. I was just wondering if anyone has any advice. I am in desperate need of help.

Thank you!

3. Elvandil

Elvandil

Nothing specific to offer except that it is entirely possible that you will just transfer thew trojan to the new installation. All trojans can be removed, one way or another.

I'd suggest you try to get people here to help you remove the trojan before creating infected restoration disks.

4. TamSpin

TamSpin Thread Starter

Thank you very much for your help, I thought it wouldn't be a good thing to do but i have tryed everything to remove it and it just won't go away. Its driving me crazy..haha

5. Elvandil

Elvandil

Do you know which one?

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/271304

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice