1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Question Please

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by tholmes, Jul 20, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. tholmes

tholmes Thread Starter

I am wondering if any one has heard of a software, perferbly freeware, that will allow me to add items, and then automatically sort it in order not alphabetically but as in Shrek 1 and Shrek 2 and also be able to tell me if I typed the same thing twice or more??
    Thanks...

2. letchworth

letchworth

Not sure what your illustration refers to-- but if you want to make a list in which "Shrek 1" appears before the phrase "Shrek 2"--- that is an alphabetical (alphanumeric) sort.

It can easily be done by a spreadsheet-- then sorted. Redundancies will appear quite readily (two identical entries appearing one after the other).

OpenOffice is free--- their "Calc" is a good spreadsheet.

Sorting is quite easy in the program.

Disclaimer: If I have totally misunderstood your question--- someone else will be along in a few minutes to correct me.
    letchworth

3. tholmes

tholmes Thread Starter

Ok, I think that is what I am looking for, I will give open office a try.. I have seen it around.. thank you.. :)

4. letchworth

letchworth

Sorry, I should have given you the link

http://www.openoffice.org/

Also, by Googling "Open Office tutorial", you will find lots of helpful information as you learn how to use any portion of OpenOffice.

letchworth

5. tholmes

tholmes Thread Starter

Thanks for the link..
    I got it by doing a google search but thank you anyways :)

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/484987

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice