1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Question Random 2 second blackscreens and no idea why...

Discussion in 'Games' started by Crito4C, Mar 4, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Crito4C

Crito4C Thread Starter

Hi!
    I have ~2 second blackscreens, exclusively when gaming, not during benchmarks. They happen roughly every 5-10 Minutes and are extremely annoying, especially in competitive games as you can imagine.
    Since the issue first appeared I upgraded to a new graphics card twice and bought a new monitor and changed the DP cable, so it can't really be those. I removed my four ram bars individually, no setting fixed the issue.
    I have no idea what it is or what to do, other than buying a new motherboard which would kinda suck..

This is the setup:

Windows 10
    acer KG271U 144hz WQHD monitor
    MSI Gaming X gtx 1070
    ASUS H97-pro gamer
    i7-4790k 4x4ghz (4.5ghz turbo)
    16GB Kingston Fury DDR3 SDRAM

bequiet straight power 10 600w

I hope someone can help!

2. Crito4C

Crito4C Thread Starter

3. miller101

miller101

Have you checked your GPU and CPU temps? You said it only appears when you're in game, what game you're talking?

4. Crito4C

Crito4C Thread Starter

Thanks for the answer!
    temps are completely fine. Not even a little hot.
    The games I'm sure of it happens in are CS:GO and League of Legends. Didn't test others

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1223953

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice