1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Question re Laptop Cable Connector Not Working

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by cgm707, Apr 1, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. cgm707

cgm707 Thread Starter

I seem to have this problem frequently - all of a sudden, the AC power chord won't fit into my laptop and I have to replace it....Is there a power chord that is more sturdy and whose plug-in won't easily break off or cease working?

Thanks for any help.

Chip

2. Gr3iz

Gr3iz

First Name:
    Mark
    Are you referring to the AC cord that plugs into the adapter? Or the plug from the adapter that plugs into the laptop?

3. cgm707

cgm707 Thread Starter

I apologize for not being more clear. The AC chord that plugs in from a wall socket into the computer (which is an Acer TravelMate 2480).

Thanks for the reply.

4. Gr3iz

Gr3iz

First Name:
    Mark
    OK. So the AC power supply is internal. Is the end of the cord, the connector, kinda peanut-shaped, kinda like a figure 8?
    What do you mean it won't fit? It gets stuck? Is it deformed?

5. cgm707

cgm707 Thread Starter

no, it's not peanut-shaped, it is round....looking at it again, it appears that it may have something stuck in it, from inside my laptop slot where the chord plugs in....aaargh, is the only solution to pay to have my laptop power slot removed and fixed and to buy a new chord? the chords are so darn expensive

6. Gr3iz

Gr3iz

First Name:
    Mark
    If something actually came out of the laptop connector, I think you'll find that the replacement cord will be cheaper than having the laptop repaired. I'm going to guess it's out of warranty ...

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/814867

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice