Question Regarding Fan Replacement

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Joseph_Michael

Joey
Hello,

I have five fans inside my desktop tower. Two of them are located at the front inside case. They are DC fans, possibly intake fans. The make and model is DC Brushless Fan 12 volt model A1255m12s. One of those two fans has been making loud noises even after removing all dust with compressed air. My brother told me that one of the two fans needs to be replaced. Am I able to purchase any cooling DC fan replacement as long as it meets the size dimensions and voltage or does it have to be the exact model which is DC Brushless fan A1255M12S

You can replace it with any DC fan. But there are different ones that vary on speed ( RPM ).And if you can find reviews, they might mention air flow rate ( CFM ) . A fast RPM may not necessarily mean bigger air flow. CFM is a more meaningful measurement.

You can use any fan brand your want.

If you want to try and salvage/fix the one fan if you want. That sticker in the middle of the fan....peel that off and put a single drop of 3n1 oil. That should stop the noise until you buy a new fan.

As lunarlander pointed out.....there's a plethora of brands, sizes, RPM, CFM choices. Depending on your case.....you could go RGB if you're in to that.

crjdriver

Basically the only thing you need to check is the size of the fan. Most case fans are going to be 120mm and some 140mm. Just get the correct size and replace. IF it were me, I would get two matched fans so you end up with them both turning the same RPM. On a modern system, the motherboard controls the fan speed via PWM [for 4pin fans] or by voltage [for 3pin fans]
I checked and your board has 4pin fan headers so it can use either 3pin or 4pin fans.

Joseph_Michael

Joey
Basically the only thing you need to check is the size of the fan. Most case fans are going to be 120mm and some 140mm. Just get the correct size and replace. IF it were me, I would get two matched fans so you end up with them both turning the same RPM. On a modern system, the motherboard controls the fan speed via PWM [for 4pin fans] or by voltage [for 3pin fans]
I checked and your board has 4pin fan headers so it can use either 3pin or 4pin fans.
thank you all for the feedback

Or u could just unscrew the fan and take it out
Doubt any temp difference with just one fan!!

crjdriver

I checked the part# and it looks like that is a 120mm fan; it may or may not have RGB. If you want the same lighting style, then you need to get the same corsair fan.
FWIW I really dislike the RGB lighting and always turn it OFF in the bios. Not a big fan of showy lighting. Up to you; any 120mm fan will work however if you have a RGB fan, then [if you want matched lighting] go with the same corsair fan.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online