1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Question regarding .pdf files

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by Xander, Apr 10, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Xander

Xander Thread Starter

I have some Adobe .pdf files I want to be able to copy/paste into a text editor so I can alter what's in it. I dunno if I'm just being dense, but I can't seem to figure out how to get this to work. Anyone have experience with these things?

2. arachno

arachno

if the pdf's not encrypted - you could use a "PDF2TEXT" convertor

A google search will give you its download location

Arachno

3. jbcalg

jbcalg

you could try this online converter , then work with the html

or use the TEXT button to select the text you want to copy

note: neither method will work if the pdf is copy protected or otherwise secured by the author

Attached Files:

4. JohnWill

JohnWill Retired Moderator

I have a PDF output print driver installed on my system, so I can print anything to a PDF, which is fully editable. Perhaps that's a way to go? You can also use GhostScript, a free package that will read PDF files and convert them to the format of your choosing.

5. Big-K

Big-K

If you download Acrobat reader, open the file, and go to the file menu and click 'export document to text', that should do it for you.

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/218955

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice