1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

question regarding ram speed on a msi gt735 gameing laptop

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by tundram, Apr 6, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tundram

tundram Thread Starter

I recently got a new laptop, got used but in very good working order. It's a MSI GT735 gameing laptop.

Specs are:
    AMD Turion X2 Ultra ZM-82 2.2G
    4 gig ddr2 memory
    320 gig Sata HD
    ATI Mobility Radeon HD 3850 dedicated 512MB video ram

The question i have is the ram speed, upon reading several sites on the specs of the laptop it says it has and supports the 800mhz ram, I removed cover and verified that it does indeed have 800mhz ram installed, msi says it supports the 800 mhz ram.

But when i boot it says the ram is only running at 667mhz and running memtest software in windows it says the same, 667mhz. bios boot says the ram is at 667 dual channel 4 gig

I've updated to newest bios, upgraded to windows 7. No effect.

It's not really a huge problem, as this thing screams as far as speed, but just curious why the ram would be running slower than specs.

Has anyone seen this before, and if so any idea if you can get it to run the 800mhz.

Thanks in advance,

2. tundram

tundram Thread Starter

has anyone heard of this or is it normal? If the ram is not running at full speed i'd like to see if i can figure it out why and maybe fix, or if it's a prelude to a building problem (hope not)

Thanks

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/915232

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice