1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Question Regarding Watt Usage

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Centurin, Jul 12, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Centurin

Centurin Thread Starter

I am currently getting information together about a new system I want to build. I currently use a 620W Enermax Liberty PSU. I have 7 120mm Fans, 6 80mm Fans, 4 hard drives, 2 DVD drives, along with 2 fan controllers. I also have a video card that uses power. My question is how can I find out how much power everything requires? The CPU, motherboard, and GPU requirements I can find rather easily. But the fans, DVD drives, and hard drives I'm not sure about. I want to determine how much total power my system is using and whether I might need a larger PSU. I'd like switch to water cooling, but this will obviously require more power. Any help or suggestions is appreciated.

Thank you.

2. Triple6

Triple6 Moderator

First Name:
    Rob
  3. Centurin

Centurin Thread Starter

Thats a great link. Thank you very much.

4. Rumpo-Stiltskin

Rumpo-Stiltskin

There's a basic wattage calculator here:

http://www.jscustompcs.com/power_supply/

There are others..... have a Google.

I think that Enermax will have you covered pretty comfortably unless you're going for very serious multiple graphic card setup.

5. JohnWill

JohnWill Retired Moderator

I can tell you right up front, you don't need a larger P/S! :D

6. Skivvywaver

Skivvywaver

I am close to needing a larger one. :D I don't need it, but I am close if I rate everything at 100% load which just doesn't happen.

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/482576

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice