1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Question: Windows Media player & DIVX

Discussion in 'Multimedia' started by AcerbusLuna, Nov 8, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. AcerbusLuna

AcerbusLuna Thread Starter

Is there a way for WMM to support DIVX? If there is, I'd really appreciate to know. =)

2. MysticEyes

MysticEyes Banned

Install the Divx codec.

3. me10

me10

If you download DivX, and just select to install DivX codec...
    You will be able to play DivX .avi in Windows Media Player.
    You do not have to use DivX player, it will work from WMP
    me10

4. AcerbusLuna

AcerbusLuna Thread Starter

Aw crap, I feel stupid. I meant to put Windows Media Maker, not Player. >.< But if you still have the same reply then I already did all that. Still doesn't work. =(

5. Couriant

Couriant Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    James
    Well you did put WMM in your post ;)

As to the issue, I don't much, but this was on Microsux website:

Although you can play a file in Microsoft Windows Media Player, you may not be able to import the file into Windows Movie Maker even though this article lists that kind of file. You may not be able to import the file if the codec that was used to encode the audio or video is not a codec that is included with Windows XP. In that case, you may be able to re-encode the video or audio by using Windows Media Encoder, and then import the video or audio.

Note The MPEG2 format has several codecs that are not supported by Windows Movie Maker. Even if you have downloaded and installed these codecs on your computer, files in the MPEG2 format may not work in Windows Movie Maker or may cause other problems. Converting the MPEG2 format to another compatible format may work for most MPEG2 files. However, some MPEG2 codecs include copy protection schemes that will prevent you from converting the file.

To download the Windows Media Encoder for free, visit the following Microsoft Web site:
    http://www.microsoft.com/windows/windowsmedia

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/649538

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice