question

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

cookingguy

i have a dell computer with win 98se on it.. and i have a laptop that has xp home on it.. i have to reformat the dell.. its older and has no cd burner on it.. it does have a floppy drive.. i have to pull about a gig of info off before i reformat.. how can i hook the 2 computers up so i can pull info off of the dell and store it on the laptop..

if i use a C5 cable do i have to make it a cross over cable? or is a standard connection cable ok?

do i have to set them up as a network?

and if so, How? (im sorry to ask that one but i kinda a little weak on the computers)

thanks for all the help
Cookingguy

etaf

Wayne
If you have lan connections on them both then use a cross over cable between the two.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online