Question

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

kj_slid

Can anyone tell me how I can remove my documents and favorites from my start menu? I had it removed before, but a friend did it for me and I can't remember how to do it. Thanks in advance.

:eek:

Bryan

Bryan
You can use Tweakui to remove the entries. Do you have Microsofts Tweakui installed? Check the ControlPanel for it's icon and let us know.

Bryan

Bryan
If you don't have it you can get it at the link below. BE sure to read the install instructions and follow them closely! Once it's installed, look to the ControlPanel for it's icon. Then under one of the tabs you should see entries for "Show Favorties on StartMenu" and "Show Documents on StartMenu". Uncheck both and click on Apply. I can't remember exactly but you may need to restart for the changes to take effect.

Let us know what happens

http://www.microsoft.com/ntworkstation/downloads/PowerToys/Networking/NTTweakUI.asp

kj_slid

Bryan said:
You can use Tweakui to remove the entries. Do you have Microsofts Tweakui installed? Check the ControlPanel for it's icon and let us know.

Yes. I have TweakUI.

Bryan

Bryan
Then you should see a setting to not show both of those items I believe under the "IE" tab.

kj_slid

Here is another question for ya. When I get to my desktop, I have a error message that comes up saying.. Error loading C:/PROGRA 1/ NEW DOT 1/ NEW DOT 2.DLL
Then it says, The system cannot find the path. Can you tell me what this means?

Bryan

Bryan
You have spyware loaded on your PC. Goto the Security forum and start a new thread titled "Need to remove New.dot" and someone will help you. If you have New.dot then I'd suspect you have other stuff that needs to be removed, too. They will help get rid of it all there.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online