1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Question

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by Taarna, Jan 29, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Taarna

Taarna Thread Starter

I was curious, I have crative wave studio, I am trying to remove the lyrics from a song because I just love the instrumental, but I have been playing with it but the best I can get ,is it to fade, but then the volume is shot on the whole file.. any ideas on how to do this? has anyone ever seperated the lyrics from the music? there is no background singers or anything.. so it should be reasonable simple .. or so I thought lol
    Thanks Taarna

2. kiwiguy

kiwiguy

Lyrics (vocals) are not on a "separate track" that allow easy removal.

The most you can hope for is to use software that phase inverts one channel then mixes it with the other. Which is probably what you are using.

As vocals "tend" to be equally balanced between L + R channels that nulls out all sounds that are common to both channels.

If the background music is also common to both, then that gets lost as well.

As each component is not separate, it is a compromise to do anything with it. Not unusually it will not work when the original lacks Left and Right channel difference.

3. Taarna

Taarna Thread Starter

Thankyou Kiwiguy

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/324701

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice