Questions about Computer Monitors

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

CharlieBarnes

I have just finsihed building my computer and I now need to buy a new monitor. I have a couple of questions. First, is using a TV as a computer monitor a good option or is it best to use a designated computer monitor? Secondly, what specific monitors (or TV's if a good option) would you recommend that have a good picture at a good price? By the way my computer is built for high quality entertainment and gaming. Thanks.

Generally using a monitor is a much better idea, although that does depend on what kind of TV you were thinking of using.

If you're going for a gaming/hd video, you'll want at least a 1080p (1920x1080) monitor. Which you'll be spending between £100 - £150 for depending on specs and type of screen it uses.

For something more specific, need to know which websites you can order from (depends what part of the world you're in, and so on).

what adam said.

If you're from US, check Newegg, if you're from Canada, check NCIX
You can also check sites like pricebot (just google it) for best prices.

You can also base your choice depending on the size you need.

LCD TVs usually come with a HDMI connection and are typically from 32-inch to 50+ inch in size
LCD Computer Monitors come with VGA or DVI connectors and are typically from 19-inch to 32-inch in size

Both options are funtional, and all LCD screens are similar, just get the cheapest recognized brand name.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online