1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Questions about Computer Monitors

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by CharlieBarnes, Nov 27, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CharlieBarnes

CharlieBarnes Thread Starter

I have just finsihed building my computer and I now need to buy a new monitor. I have a couple of questions. First, is using a TV as a computer monitor a good option or is it best to use a designated computer monitor? Secondly, what specific monitors (or TV's if a good option) would you recommend that have a good picture at a good price? By the way my computer is built for high quality entertainment and gaming. Thanks.

2. adam3088

adam3088

Generally using a monitor is a much better idea, although that does depend on what kind of TV you were thinking of using.

If you're going for a gaming/hd video, you'll want at least a 1080p (1920x1080) monitor. Which you'll be spending between £100 - £150 for depending on specs and type of screen it uses.

For something more specific, need to know which websites you can order from (depends what part of the world you're in, and so on).

3. toastm4n

toastm4n

what adam said.

If you're from US, check Newegg, if you're from Canada, check NCIX
    You can also check sites like pricebot (just google it) for best prices.

You can also base your choice depending on the size you need.

LCD TVs usually come with a HDMI connection and are typically from 32-inch to 50+ inch in size
    LCD Computer Monitors come with VGA or DVI connectors and are typically from 19-inch to 32-inch in size

Both options are funtional, and all LCD screens are similar, just get the cheapest recognized brand name.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1028722

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice