questions about fake anti-virus programs

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

AlexJohn9012

Banned
hi, yes, i recently read a rather long report from the nice people over at Sophos about "fake anti-virus" stuff. I wanted to know how many instances of "Rundll32.exe" should be running on my winXP gaming computer?

Currently, I have 2 instances of it running and if i google it i get sent to a page that i believe was included in the Sophos report as being one of the pages that i could get violated.

Please advise how is the best way to stay ahead of the Fake anti-virus junk.

thanks.

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.2
OS Version: Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition, Service Pack 3, 32 bit
Processor: AMD Phenom(tm) II X4 965 Processor, x86 Family 16 Model 4 Stepping 3
Processor Count: 4
RAM: 3326 Mb
Graphics Card: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 550 Ti, 1024 Mb
Hard Drives: C: Total - 250003 MB, Free - 147604 MB; E: Total - 305242 MB, Free - 225563 MB; F: Total - 55239 MB, Free - 55172 MB;
Motherboard: MICRO-STAR INTERNATIONAL CO.,LTD, 790FX-GD70(MS-7577)
Antivirus: ESET NOD32 Antivirus 5.0, Updated: Yes, On-Demand Scanner: Enabled

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online