1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

questions from newbie about highjacking..

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by ron24151, Oct 14, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. ron24151

ron24151 Thread Starter

Hello, I see here quite a few of people here post their logs to highjack, Is there a rule of thumb, list, whats should and shouldnt be in that list, I know all will be different on the software they have installed, but like what should be there and what is a personal install? where is the manual for it? hope you all can understand what I am trying to say here. if not let me know and I will splain myself, and thanks for a great site to us newbies... ron

2. Mr_Webmaster

Mr_Webmaster

3. ron24151

ron24151 Thread Starter

THANK YOU, You all are quick, I am going to check it out right now ron

4. Mr_Webmaster

Mr_Webmaster

There are people on here from all over the world, so there's got to be at least one person that can help you all the time, 24/7.

5. Topkat

Topkat

Hi Ron, HJT, although excellent and I'm not knocking it, is a tool used in most cases to fix a problem after the infection/hijacking has already happened. If you want to prevent this from happening in the first place then you should check out So how did I get infected in the first place? by Tony Klein.

Hope this helps!
    :D

6. lisaa7002

lisaa7002

Topkat, Thanks!! I hadn't seen that before!!!

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/171844

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice