1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Questions Involving Word's "Page Break" Options

Discussion in 'Business Applications' started by Jack1000, Mar 10, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Jack1000

Jack1000 Thread Starter

Hey Guys,

I use Word 97, but I am sure that this question is applicable for all Word versions. The Page Break feature in word seems to be self-explanitory (start a new page) but could you provide an explanation for the other page break features that appear in the page break dialog box? For example,
    below the Insert Page break box, if memory serves correctly there is a "section break" option, and radio buttons that allow you to select a section break for a "new page" or a "continious page" and then to the right you have options for "odd" and "even" pages. (Please correct this if I am wrong here) My question is, when would you use the section break feature and wouldn't this just start a new page in Word? More important, what's the difference between selecting a new page section break vs. just inserting a new page for a regular "page break?" Any info or examples about the use of this feature would be helpful! Thanks!

2. Anne Troy

Anne Troy

First Name:
    Anne
    Hi, Jack.

I need to write this up for my site, so I'll do it now and reply to you when it's done. You can have yourself a look-see. And when I say now, it's 9:30 PM EST and I can probably have it up by 10 or 10:15 tonight.

:)

3. Anne Troy

Anne Troy

First Name:
    Anne
  4. fergusonpat85

fergusonpat85

The section breaks come in to use when you need to use different headers and footers. On page one, you need to say "John Doe", on pages two and three you need to say "Jane Doe", and on page four, you need to say "Snoopy".

Sections breaks allow you to use the different headers and footers in a long document, instead of using different documents to complete a "booklet" or other long document that needs different things. It also allows you to number pages, and then for "Section 2", you can start numbering all over again with the automatic numbering option.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/72096

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice