1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Questions Re: Updates

Discussion in 'Virus & Other Malware Removal' started by sisBbad, Dec 29, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. sisBbad

sisBbad Thread Starter

I recently started doing updates, through Windows Updates and updates.com. Now I've noticed I have about four different folders in which I am finding these updates they are either titled
    "Windows Update Setup Files" or they are located in "Temp" folders. As you can imagine this was rather confusing to me. Is there any reason for this, or was it operator "error"? Also what do I do with these updates after they are installed, do I just leave them there in all those folders, delete them, move them to another folder, move to a floppy? As you can probably tell, I'm pretty new to "Updates", so anyone with any information or suggestions that could shed some light on my situation would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!
    Sis

2. SavvyLady

SavvyLady

3. sisBbad

sisBbad Thread Starter

Thank you for the information, I noticed they went to my temp folder in windows, but for some reason I also have a temp folder in C: that I found some updates in also. I will go and visit the site you recommended and sounds like that should work. Thank you again. I really appreciate your help.....

Thanks bunches!!!
    Sis

4. SavvyLady

SavvyLady

after you use a file it also makes a copy called recent... its a temp too

5. Bryan

Bryan

First Name:
    Bryan
    And you really don't want to delete anything from the "Windows Update Setup Files" folder. It holds updated versions of mostly InternetExplorer components that would be used if you run a reinstall, restore, repair or an "Add a Component" operation in InternetExplorer. You want to leave that folder intact.

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/63405

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice