Questions regarding AVG Scan report, noted hosts change but no other problems

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

john2004

Hi Everyone,

Yesterday, I ran a complete system scan with AVG free Version 7.5.432 & it said that everything was fine, except that it noted that there was a change to the hosts (Object Result Status
C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\etc\hosts Change Changed). I have pasted a copy of the report below, along with the report from last month which had no such note.

A few days ago, I did download a "test" from http://www.greenborder.com/ at http://www.greenborder.com/test/ & AVG identified it as a trojan, I just moved it to the virus vault and deleted it. I know it probably was not a trojan, but I just deleted it anyway. I also recently upgraded to the new Zone alarm Free 7.0.302.000 but I think I did the AVG full scan before installing the new ZA.

Is this anything to be alarmed about ? I would appreciate any advice or comments. I'm running Windows XP Media Center Version 2002 SP2. I'm also running Zone Alarm Free, Windows defender, and I scan periodically with AVG anti-spyware, spybot, and a-squared free.

Thanks
John

AVG Report from yesterday 1/19/2007

tem Name Item Value
General properties
Report name Complete Test
Start time 1/19/2007 3:50:44 PM
End time 1/19/2007 4:00:26 PM (total: 9:41.9 Min)
Launch method Scanning launched manually
Scanning result No threats found
Report status Scanning completed successfully

Object summary
Scanned 17241
Threats Found 0
Cleaned 0
Moved to vault 0
Deleted 0
Errors 0
Object Result Status
C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\etc\hosts Change Changed

AVG Report from 12/28/06

tem Name Item Value
General properties
Report name Complete Test
Start time 12/28/2006 11:44:00 PM
End time 12/28/2006 11:54:18 PM (total: 10:17.3 Min)
Launch method Scanning launched manually
Scanning result No threats found
Report status Scanning completed successfully

Object summary
Scanned 17240
Threats Found 0
Cleaned 0
Moved to vault 0
Deleted 0
Errors 0

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online