1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Questions regarding AVG Scan report, noted hosts change but no other problems

Discussion in 'Virus & Other Malware Removal' started by john2004, Jan 20, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. john2004

john2004 Thread Starter

Hi Everyone,

Yesterday, I ran a complete system scan with AVG free Version 7.5.432 & it said that everything was fine, except that it noted that there was a change to the hosts (Object Result Status
    C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\etc\hosts Change Changed). I have pasted a copy of the report below, along with the report from last month which had no such note.

A few days ago, I did download a "test" from http://www.greenborder.com/ at http://www.greenborder.com/test/ & AVG identified it as a trojan, I just moved it to the virus vault and deleted it. I know it probably was not a trojan, but I just deleted it anyway. I also recently upgraded to the new Zone alarm Free 7.0.302.000 but I think I did the AVG full scan before installing the new ZA.

Is this anything to be alarmed about ? I would appreciate any advice or comments. I'm running Windows XP Media Center Version 2002 SP2. I'm also running Zone Alarm Free, Windows defender, and I scan periodically with AVG anti-spyware, spybot, and a-squared free.

Thanks
    John

AVG Report from yesterday 1/19/2007

tem Name Item Value
    General properties
    Report name Complete Test
    Start time 1/19/2007 3:50:44 PM
    End time 1/19/2007 4:00:26 PM (total: 9:41.9 Min)
    Launch method Scanning launched manually
    Scanning result No threats found
    Report status Scanning completed successfully

Object summary
    Scanned 17241
    Threats Found 0
    Cleaned 0
    Moved to vault 0
    Deleted 0
    Errors 0
    Object Result Status
    C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\etc\hosts Change Changed

AVG Report from 12/28/06

tem Name Item Value
    General properties
    Report name Complete Test
    Start time 12/28/2006 11:44:00 PM
    End time 12/28/2006 11:54:18 PM (total: 10:17.3 Min)
    Launch method Scanning launched manually
    Scanning result No threats found
    Report status Scanning completed successfully

Object summary
    Scanned 17240
    Threats Found 0
    Cleaned 0
    Moved to vault 0
    Deleted 0
    Errors 0

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/536918