1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Quetion about AVG?

Discussion in 'Networking' started by zergpc208, Jul 22, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. zergpc208

zergpc208 Thread Starter

I have a Quetion about AVG.Are you to use the wipe command in AVG if there is trojen in the vault.Like are you to empty the vault or keep the trojen in the vault .If you doing a scan and it comes clean but there is trojen in the vault is that bad?

Becuse some people do a scan every week than you look in the vault and you see like 8 trojen 3 2 months ago and another 3 7 months ago .

And other Quetion today I got a message that is saying.

A fetal exception OE has occured at 0028:c0031580.

Okay is this normal?

2. JohnWill

JohnWill Retired Moderator

Stuff in the vault is normal and not a problem. You should review it once in a while, and kill them off if they're not something that AVG identified by mistake.

Fatal exceptions are not normal!

3. zergpc208

zergpc208 Thread Starter

So do you clean your AVG vault now and than?

4. JohnWill

JohnWill Retired Moderator

I check it once in a while to see if anything is in there. Occasionally, I find something that came in in an email.

5. zergpc208

zergpc208 Thread Starter

So like I should clean it out now and than..

6. linskyjack

linskyjack

Like you should---

7. zergpc208

zergpc208 Thread Starter

May be what I'm having hard time to understand is what is the AVG vault and what is it used for..Like if I see files in the vault what should I do.

Okay is the AVG vault not buffer place for holding bad stuff ? And if so what should I do with the bad stuff in the vault .And what was the point of this buffer place.

Sorry I have to get the basic here..And if I wipe out the bad stuff in the vault what will happen.

Also when they say on this site I got bad stuff but AVG healed it or put it in the buffer what is going on..

8. zergpc208

zergpc208 Thread Starter

onsite I do have AVG and I know other people who have AVG too hand have this problem :)

9. datamonger

datamonger

zergpc208,

I have been using AVG for several years now. The vault is a holding place for "suspect" files. Though it is rare, there is, on occasion, a false positive. If you are sure that the file is not a victim of a false possitive, then get rid of it (erase it). If you are sure it is safe, then you can restore it. You can also keep it in the vault if it is not taking up too much room. When in doubt, back it up then get rid of it.

Good luck!

10. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/485525

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice