1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Quick and easy Clock help.

Discussion in 'Windows Vista' started by mflood86, Jul 15, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. mflood86

mflood86 Thread Starter

Hey guys, I have a good friend who uses Vista, and she has a small problem. Her system tray clock is an hour behind. She corrects it every time she's on, and it stays until the machine is powered down / rebooted, at which point it reverts to being one hour behind.

As I still use XP and haven't experimented at all with Vista, I don't know where the appropriate options are that she needs to fix.

Would you mind helping out? :)
    Thanks everyone.

2. Jakbrud

Jakbrud

Click once on the time in the taskbar. then click on change date and time settings.

3. mflood86

mflood86 Thread Starter

She does that every time, in order to change the time so that it is correct. As I mentioned, it reverts back to the wrong time (an hour behind) every time she reboots. Is there a deeper menu within the option you just told me about, that she'd need to mess with?

Thanks for the reply.

4. uhaligani

uhaligani Guest

Possibly she has not ticked off the option to "automatically adjust for Daylight saving time"
    Click as suggested, then click "Change time zone". Now click "Automatically adjust-.. etc."

5. mflood86

mflood86 Thread Starter

Thanks very much. I'll call her up and see if that fixes things. :)

6. lce_123

lce_123

does the bios clock have anything to do with it?

7. Henry Corbett

Henry Corbett

Open the clock menu on the task tray. Select Internet Time. Uncheck "synchronize with internet time server" and your clock will not revert back one hour.

8. DaveA

DaveA Trusted Advisor Spam Fighter

First Name:
    David
    Check to see what "Time Zone" setting is selected, she may have the wrong one selected?

9. Henry Corbett

Henry Corbett

Good suggestion but.....even if she chose the correct time zone, her PC would probably still revert back one hour; mine did so I just disabled the darn thing. Very annoying.

10. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/595938

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice