Quick and easy Clock help.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

mflood86

Hey guys, I have a good friend who uses Vista, and she has a small problem. Her system tray clock is an hour behind. She corrects it every time she's on, and it stays until the machine is powered down / rebooted, at which point it reverts to being one hour behind.

As I still use XP and haven't experimented at all with Vista, I don't know where the appropriate options are that she needs to fix.

Would you mind helping out? :)
Thanks everyone.

Click once on the time in the taskbar. then click on change date and time settings.

mflood86

She does that every time, in order to change the time so that it is correct. As I mentioned, it reverts back to the wrong time (an hour behind) every time she reboots. Is there a deeper menu within the option you just told me about, that she'd need to mess with?

Thanks for the reply.

uhaligani

Possibly she has not ticked off the option to "automatically adjust for Daylight saving time"
Click as suggested, then click "Change time zone". Now click "Automatically adjust-.. etc."

Open the clock menu on the task tray. Select Internet Time. Uncheck "synchronize with internet time server" and your clock will not revert back one hour.

DaveA

David
Trusted Advisor
Spam Fighter
Check to see what "Time Zone" setting is selected, she may have the wrong one selected?

Good suggestion but.....even if she chose the correct time zone, her PC would probably still revert back one hour; mine did so I just disabled the darn thing. Very annoying.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online