"Quick Play" applet

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

wolfworx

Windows 2000 provide a "quick play" applet in open folder windows when a *.wav, *.mp3, *.mpg and other "playable files are selected. Win xp does not seem to have this feature. Rather, the associated play program i.e. Media Player must open first then play a selected file. :confused: I have used the more expedient "quick play" feature quite a lot in the past with Win2k and miss it in Win xp. Is it gone from the new OS or have I just not found it?

When you open the folder,what do you see on the left side of the window?

wolfworx

Just file detail: size and type. No Stop/start and progress audio bar when an auto file is selected. Guess M$ thought we could do without it! :mad:

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online