Quick Question about an Internal DVD Burner!

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. The original thread starter may use the Report button to request it be reopened but anyone else with a similar issue should start a New Thread. Watch our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

SpyKiller112

I bought this last minute because a friend of mine told me it was good and I trusted his opinion. But now i started to look around a bit and it looks like there are better burners with lightscribe for cheaper!

So, is the one I bought good for the price or do you think i should cancel my order and get a different one?

(the one i bought is from tiger, the cheaper ones are from newegg)

JohnWill

Retired Moderator
You might get one a few bucks cheaper, but this seems like a decent deal. My biggest complaint with Tiger is they always rape you on the shipping. If you can still cancel it, go for it. :D

SpyKiller112

can someone suggest a better one, if there is one?

has to be less money or the same amount

well, from looking around the scene this is a really good burner. I hear its used a lot for backup up xbox360 games. I had one till I moved. It is really reliable, and i never made a coaster.

SpyKiller112

yay! some reassurance that i picked a good one!

and... you can backup 360 games?...

Yeah you could probably ship a body for less than they charge you for a drive.
That's why I never even look there for anything.

SpyKiller112

so are you saying I should find another one?

im just like everyone else... trying to get the best item for the best price

SpyKiller112 said:
so are you saying I should find another one?

im just like everyone else... trying to get the best item for the best price
No it's a good drive, just be careful and buy it elsewhere if the freight is too high.

PCG342

Banned
I have a Pioneer. Cost about 20 bucks. Funny thing. Got some Double-Layer discs. Works just fine with VSO DVDCopy. Doesn't work at all with Nero, the trial version of which was packaged with the drive. Hell, it didn't even READ DVD video out of the box. But after the appropriate codecs were downloaded, and I deleted Nero, I haven't had a problem. Even copy movies with it!

Lightscribes are almost impossible to read - I just use a sharpie. And write or draw on the disc. ;)

dustyjay

Jay
Graphics are kind of weak, but labling is alright. I dont often use the lightscribe. But the drive is a good one none the less.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. The original thread starter may use the Report button to request it be reopened but anyone else with a similar issue should start a New Thread. Watch our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online